Bachelor of Commerce (Honours) in International Accounting & Finance
About the course The B.com Professional
(International Accounting and Finance) course has been designed for providing skills
and knowledge relevant to any business. The curriculum framework and content of
this course would facilitate students to conveniently pursue career in Accountancy
and Finance. With an innovative curriculum design and content the B.com Professional
(International Accounting and Finance) course empowers students to conveniently
adapt to an ever changing and dynamic business environment. The course enables students
to have good fundamental knowledge of Accounting, Taxation, Law, Financial reporting,
Risk Management, Corporate Governance, Business Ethics, Management Accounting, Auditing,
Cost Accounting, and Finance. The highlight of the course lies in the curriculum
structure and innovative teaching practices. The teaching of core subjects will
be done by experienced practicing professionals from the industry as well as the
profession, specialized in the relevant area. The B.com Professional (International
Accounting and Finance) course is challenging and yet very rewarding to students
with high career aspirations. Our B.com students have been in high demand with employers
for their excellent knowledge, skills and attitude which gives them an edge over
their peers from other institutions. The Programme entails a student to complete
ACCA along with their B.Com degree with the exemption of 6 papers .The student needs
to attend few external examinations across 3 years , the classes are run on campus
through professional trainers from ISDC.
Objectives of the B.Com Professional (International Accounting and Finance)
- To provide conceptual knowledge
and application skills in the domain of Accountancy and Finance
- To provide knowledge
and skills in all areas of business to be able to meet expectations of business
and to handle basic business tasks.
- To sharpen the students’ analytical and decision
- This course will enable the student the choice of working in many
different financial roles and at senior levels within an organisation.
- To develop
professional competence in student to enable him/her to take up independent positions
in the areas of Accounting, Auditing, Taxation, Law and Risk Management, thus equipping
a student to pursue careers in different sectors of commerce, trade and industry
Duration of the Course:
course of study is 3 years of Six Semester. A candidate shall complete his/her degree
within six (6) academic years from the date of his/her admission to the first semester.
Salient Features of the Course:
- 1. Unique program which has a right blend of all the key competencies required for an ever changing business environment and opportunity to complete ACCA qualification alongside B.Com course provided student clears all ACCA exams
- 2. Three years course spread across six semesters with specialization in Accountancy and Finance with well structured curriculum.
- 3. A student pursuing B.Com Professional (International Accounting and Finance) will be eligible for 6 papers exemption out of the 14 papers of ACCA qualification
- 4. Additional Certification like Advanced Diploma and BSc in Applied Accounting from Oxford Brooke’s University after completion for 2nd Semester.
- 5. Inbuilt provision to obtain a certificate from Cambridge ICFE (Financial English) and Certification in IFRS.
- 6. Course is taught by faculty who are highly accomplished and competent by the use of interactive pedagogical tools and techniques
- 7. The teaching of ACCA integrated subjects will be done by experienced practicing professionals from the industry as well as the profession, specialized in the relevant area
- 8. Expert input sessions from Indian School of Commerce (ISC) to facilitate learning and evaluation of ACCA papers.
- 9. Qualifying as a Certified Chartered Accountant with ACCA will open up global job opportunities in all sectors.
- 10. FCCA Title after the qualification and membership.
- 11. Access to 4500 employer partners spread across 180 countries for placements including India.
- 12. Industry exposure through Internship, field visits, guest lectures and projects.
- 13. Holistic development of students by training in soft skills, computer skills, certificate courses and Interdisciplinary subjects included under the choice based credit system (CBCS).
- 14. It inculcates innovative and creative thinking among students, due to the encouragement of student research activities.
For Details Contact : St. Xavier's
College, Ranchi Dr. Camil Bulcke Path, Ranchi -834001 Dept of Vocational Studies