The College is an autonomous college of Ranchi University. It offers Bachelor of Education courses under the autonomous system.
COURSE OF STUDY (B.Ed.)
The one year programme leads to the degree of B.Ed. (Bachelor of Education). This course comprises of one year. This course is a full time course in regular mode.
The course is affiliated to the Ranchi University. The NCTE Regional Centre Bhubaneswar has granted recognition. Since the College is Autonomous, it will conduct its own examination and the Ranchi University will give the degree.
Duration and Intake:
The B.Ed. course shall be of a duration of one academic year. Only 100 students will be admitted.
Candidates who have passed-graduates and post graduates may apply to the College with at least two school subjects at the graduation level. As per NCTE norms, a candidate should have secured at least 50% marks in the Bachelor’s Degree/Master’s Degree examination of a recognized University. Admission to the B.Ed. programme will be made on the following criteria.Since this is a minority Institution, 50% of the selected candidates will be from minority communities. The selection will be made on Merit.
Application can be submitted ONLINE only. Selection will be made on after qualifying entrance test.
Selection of students will also be made on faculty basis as follows:
- a) Languages: (Hindi & English) – 15+15=30
- b) History, Civics, Geography– 10+10+10=30
- c) Physical and Life Science-15+15=30 (Physics-10, Chemistry-10 Bio.Science-10 Botany+ Zoology)
- d) Maths – 10
Choice of Method Subjects:
- (i) Language-Hindi, English
- (ii) Social Science- History, Geography and Civics
- (iii) Science & Maths- Physical Sciences, Biological Sciences & Mathematics
Candidates have to choose any one of the following combinations:
- a) English & Geography
- b) Geography & History
- c) Hindi & History
- d) Physical Sc. & Biological Sc.
- e) Hindi & Civics
- f) History & Civics
- g) Biological Sc. & Physical Sc.
- h) Physical Science & Maths
- i) Civics & English